Who We Are
First, and foremost, we are committed to declaring and faithfully living out the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel is the Good News that Jesus Christ, who was God in the flesh, was crucified and resurrected for sinners like you and me (Romans 8:6). He offered Himself as a sinless sacrifice to give us His righteousness and goodness while taking upon Himself our guilt and sins (1 John 2:1-2).
Second, our hearts respond to the grace and undeserved mercy that Jesus Christ offers to us, our hearts are melted for our self-sufficiency, pride, and arrogance, which, in turn, allows us to live and worship as a diverse and unified community. Our unity is found in Jesus Christ and in the dwelling of the Holy Spirit, as we stand in a new and loving relationship with God the Father (John 17:11, 22).
Third, this Good News is not merely for the believers in the church, but for everyone. As Jesus Christ becomes more real in our lives, the same message also moves us out into the community of Chinatown, Callowhill, Greater Philadelphia, and throughout the world. It is because of God’s love through Jesus Christ that we can both serve our neighbors and disciple believers (Matthew 29:18-20).
Finally, all that we do here at CCCnC is done with the purpose of bringing glory to God and not to any individual or for us as a church. No matter where you are in your spiritual pilgrimage, we pray that you will see the love of God, the grace of Jesus Christ, and the fellowship of the holy Spirit shine, so that we may be built up in Jesus Christ alone (Colossians 2:6-7).
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are given by inspiration of God, and that they are the only certain rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is truly God and truly man.
- We believe in the substitutionary death of the Lord Jesus Christ for our sin, the resurrection of His body, His ascension into heaven, and His visible and future return to the earth, and that salvation is received only through personal faith in Him.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, and that His ministry is to bring glory to Christ by the regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification of God’s people.